If you get an ebook in an email, or CDRom, it’s easy to transfer it directly to your Kindle. I have successfully transferred .mobi files (native Kindle e-books), .prc files (readable on Kindles), and .pdf files (Acrobat files) to my Kindle. Here’s how you do it:
- Attach your Kindle to your computer via the USB power cable supplied with the Kindle.
- Turn on the Kindle
- A new window should open on your computer. Notice the “documents” folder on the Kindle.
- Drag the ebook file (mobi, prc, pdf) into the “documents” folder.
- Disconnect your Kindle.
- Press the “Home” button on the Kindle.
- The ebook should be visible with “new” to the left of the title. You are ready to read the ebook!
I hope this helps.